Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Weekly Geeks #18 & #19

#18
Last week's Weekly Geeks assignment was to catch up on something. My most important goal was to catch up on my sleep, I give myself a B+ on that front. I'm recovering (finally) from a nasty cold that had me held down all last week.

I also got my challenge list and books read in 2008 up to date. I discovered, after revisiting the list of Mythopoeic Award winners and contenders that I've actually finished the Mythopoeic Award Challenge. Yay for unintentionally finishing a challenge.

I finally got caught up (so to speak) on Google Reader. I actually saw 0 unread posts for the first time in oh.... let's not even go there.

And I even updated my list of challenges in my sidebar!

That was a lot of work, probably the reason why I hadn't done it.

#19
Weekly Geeks assignment this week is to list the top books I've read that were published in 2008. Surprisingly (I'm behind on everything always) I do have a few favorites to share. Here are my top recs.

Fifteen Minutes of Shame by Lisa Daly
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Marie-Therese, Child of Terror by Susan Nagel
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

3 comments:

Eva said...

Glad you're feeling better!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I haven't read any of your top 2008 books but I do have a few of them on my list from your reviews (particularly The Disreputable History...). Glad you're feeling better and more caught up. I'm behind on my reader again, too. Big surprise there! :)

tanabata said...

Glad you're getting over your cold, they're never fun.
I haven't read any of your 2008 favourites and don't have any of them on hand either. I may have to do something about that! :P