Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nonfiction Meme

a) What issues/topic interests you most--non-fiction, i.e, cooking, knitting, stitching, there are infinite topics that has nothing to do with novels?

Up until the wedding, it was either wedding planning or marriage prep books. I still have a bunch on my shelf, but now its money books. I read Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover recently, and got all inspired to pay off debts with "gazelle-like intensity". I also enjoy biographies and/or autobiographies. I read Three Cups of Tea not too long ago, and it pretty much blew my socks off.

b) Would you like to review books concerning those?

I will review them on my blog if I do read them.

c) Would you like to be paid or do it as interest or hobby? Tell reasons for what ever you choose.

Sure, money's nice. I doubt my blog will be much of a money-maker for me, but it is a fun hobby.

d) Would you recommend those to your friends and how?

If the book is good, I will definitely recommend it. Talk to my poor husband. Every time I finish a good book, I'm there peddling it to him, "come on honey, this is a really good book, you should read it!"

e) If you have already done something like this, link it to your post.

Ummm... I read Eat, Pray, Love recently. Going back, I think that's about the only one.

f) Please don't forget to link back here or whoever tags you.

Melody, thanks for tagging me. I see I am about the last one doing this meme, so tag yourself if you haven't done it already.

6 comments:

Melody said...

Kim, thanks for playing! :D Oh...I've "Eat, Pray, Love" in my pile and have read both good and bad reviews about it. Not sure when I'll read it though, but of course will post my thoughts on my blog after reading it.

DesLily said...

seeing some of the horror money problem stories on Oprah should make more people read books on becoming debt free!!

Kim L said...

melody-no prob. If you read my review, you'll see I thought that two of the three sections were really really interesting, the other one not so much.

deslily-I agree! I think there is so many american values that make it really hard to be financially successful. We want everything now, even if we can't afford it now. I try hard to live below my means, and it is not easy!

Dewey said...

This is an interesting meme. I keep wondering if Gautami is secretly trying to find bloggers for some sort of magical job reading books. ;)

Lucky said...

Yup, take it from me, her husband, that if she really likes a book there is almost no end to the "nagging" of me to read it. I usually end up pulling out something by Bonhoeffer and say I'm to engrossed in it to read a different book. Every so often though I'll read one of her recommendations and she's always been right.

Kim L said...

dewey-well that would be a fun job, but I'm sure it would have its downsides. Eventually everything you do for a paycheck becomes less fun after a while.

andy-well I'm just glad to hear the words "You're right" addressed to me.