Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm Totally Geeking Out Man

THE. NEW. STAR. TREK. MOVIE. IS. COMING.

Okay, in like one year or something ridiculous like that.

But today I happened to stumble upon the trailer. Which is awesome.



And also very cool is pics of the new cast, side by side with the original cast.

Is it just me, or did they send Nichelle Nichol back in time so they could cast her younger self as Uhuru? I'm pretty sure they couldn't have picked a more identical actor (if she is indeed a real person named Zoe Saldana and not a time-traveled Nichelle Nichols as I hypothesized).

I perhaps haven't mentioned my Star Trek geekiness too much here, but let me put it to you this way.

I'm hopeless.

I watch Star Trek.

No you don't understand.

I watch Star Trek.

And that's about it.

We fit in other movies we're interested in.

On the side.

We made it through all of the movies, The Original Series (most of them anyhow), the Animated Series (although it was a bit painful... campy and animated... yeesh), and we're on Season four of The Next Generation.

The only other TV series I've that close to being as dedicated a fan is... oh wait, there isn't another one. Yes, I love Firefly. And I love Battlestar Galactica. But those are recent affairs. Trek has been a life-long love, and for that, I fully blame my parents, who are even bigger Trekkies than I am.

My mom's comment when she heard that The Original Series was being remastered with sweet new special effects? "Ah darn, I JUST bought the entire collection!! Guess I'll have to buy it AGAIN."

Yeah.

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I'm right there with you Kim :P I am SO excited about the new movie! It sounds great! I started buying the whole TNG series but it got to be incredibly expensive...then I discovered netflix :p

Anonymous said...

We watched so much TNG that our dog knew the music cues and would jump up whenever the commercials came on. I'm with you as well!