Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 12, 2008

This N' That

With all the hoopla for fireworks going on, I've been noticing this logo cropping up. In Minnesota, the restrictions on fireworks are heavier than in the neighboring Wisconsin, it is an annual tradition for normally law-abiding Minnesotans to cross the border once a year and buy their illegal fireworks so they, too, can have the chance to possibly blow their hand off in an attempt to celebrate American Independence.

I understand the marketing person who came up with this logo probably was going for a phantom of the comic-book variety, but if you ask me, the only thing it is missing is a scythe. Then he'd really resemble this guy:

Truth in advertising? A warning to play safely with your illegal fireworks or you'll receive a visit from the Grim Reaper... er Phantom? You decide!

Anyhow. As dog owners, we have a tendency to present stimuli to our dog to see their reaction whether or not he actually enjoys it. This video is a case in point. Rusty is not much of a barker. He does not bark at guests or other dogs or almost anything. Except spinning tops. Rusty clearly was taking the spinning top much more seriously than we were. I don't understand why dogs chase laser pointers or bark at spinning tops, but as long as they do, I'll have a laser pointer and a top for them.

4 comments:

Andi said...

LOL, I love that video! Daisy, however, did not. She was asleep with her head on my knee when I started watching, and she first perked up her ears, then got up and flounced off in a huff. Apparently she doesn't care for spinning tops either.

Anonymous said...

Funny... I tried the "spinning top" with Sawyer on Friday, too. Her reaction was to jump on it, which (as you might imagine) immediately stopped it from spinning. Not so fun. The top went to my 3-year-old sister who seems to enjoy its intended purpose much more. :)

Amanda said...

Hahaha that video cracks me up! I'm going to have to get one of those tops for my dog...I'm sure it'll annoy him to death :)

Kim L said...

andi-or maybe she doesn't like mysterious dogs barking at her??

lauryn-heehee, I'm picturing that. I don't know why, but Rusty is very scared of the top.

amanda-but so fun to watch them be annoyed.