Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


This week’s question is suggested by Puss Reboots:

How much do reviews (good and bad) affect your choice of reading? If you see a bad review of a book you wanted to read, do you still read it? If you see a good review of a book you’re sure you won’t like, do you change your mind and give the book a try?


Book reviews affect whether I want to read a book quite a bit. If I read a good review of a book, I try to write down the title so I remember to check it out. If I read a bad review of a book, I won't make a conscious note not to pick up the book. Honestly I'll probably forget the book title immediately. See this post about my excellent memory.


Since starting this blog I have definitely been getting lots of book ideas from browsing other blogs. I have 10 books and 1 audio book checked out from the library right now, which makes a world record for me. I usually top out at three. I've noticed that there is always one book out of the three that I end up not liking and never finish. I guess we'll see if that trend continues with my current batch.

No comments: