Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 26, 2008

We Have a Winner!

It seems so long ago, but I started a blogging tips meme a few weeks ago where nine brave individuals dared to offer their best blogging tips. I offered up a $15 Amazon giftcard. The winner is Deslily! Congratulations!!

Here is everyone's advice, by the way:

Nymeth advises bloggers to make their website easy to navigate
Melody talked about a number of great services and widgets for your site.
Andilit reminds bloggers to be themselves when they write. Personal stories can be the best part of blogging!
Aaron offered some great advice about finding a good hosting service and responding to comments.
Mrs S.' tips included promoting your feed, encouraging comments, and reminds bloggers to spell-check!
Eva talked about the importance of visiting other blogs and leaving comments for newbie bloggers to get to know people.
Deslily gave great advice for those non-tech bloggers. Backup, backup, backup! And don't make things pop up when you mouse over a link
chris' tips included how to make your blog interesting, which means widgets and an interesting header.
trish had some great advice on when to post, what to post about, and how to keep up to date on comments.
natasha at maw books had pretty much the definitive guide to book blogging. I added at least three of the tips she recommended already.

Even though I've drawn a name, please feel free to add your advice. If you let me know that you posted blogging tips, I'll link your post here. Wow, I feel much wiser already from all of these great tips!

8 comments:

Ana S. said...

Congratulations to Deslily :)

And thanks again for coming up with this, Kim. I learned quite a few useful tips from everyone's posts!

Melody said...

Thanks for coming up with this great meme, Kim! It's fun and informative reading all the replies!

And congrats to Deslily.

Anonymous said...

Better late than never! I spent waayyy to much time on this one and just got my post put up moments ago. I enjoyed everybody else's tips.

DesLily said...

Me?!! You don't know how shocked I am !!

Wow! Thanks for running this contest, I just wish the advice was better lol.. the funny thing is though, that after this came out I needed help, mentioned it and bingo! It came in the form of another blogger.. as usual!!!

Debi said...

Congratulations Deslily!

Kim L said...

nymeth-yay, I'm glad you found the info useful! That makes me happy.

melody- :-)

natasha-great, I'll link it here

deslily-heehee, I know you didn't think you had good advice, but I think you had some great tips. And congrats! I'll send you your giftcard soon.

debi-congrats indeed!

Clare - The Super Mommy Club said...

This was such a great meme - I'm off to check out some of the tips that I seem to have missed!

Alice said...

Congrats to Deslily! This is informative.