Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekly Geeks #27

In honor of Dewey, who originated Weekly Geeks, we're remembering her awesome blog and challenges for WG.

I don't remember where I first ran across Dewey's blog, but as soon as I saw her Weekly Geeks challenge, I knew it was going to be a fun one. I have sporadically participated, and met quite a few other bloggers that way. Which was what Dewey was all about... introducing bloggers to each other.

I also participated in the Graphic Novels challenge this year, which was AWESOME. I had never read any graphic novels prior to her challenge, and I've enjoyed all of the ones I've selected so far. I always enjoyed Dewey's reviews, and I would particularly look to see which graphic novels she recommended. She never steered me wrong.

I'm happy to see that a number of people have stepped up to take on the many challenges and projects Dewey worked on. There's been a discussion going on at Book Blogs, and it is clear from how many people have been posting there and around the net that Dewey touched a lot of people's lives.

How did you know Dewey, and how did she affect your reading?

2 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Dewey was definitely great about connecting others. I have met some wonderful bloggers through the various things that Dewey hosted/created. She'll definitely be missed!

Maree said...

I don't remember how I stumbled across Dewey, but I know she deeply affected my blogging.