Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hour 18ish

Blogged? Nope
Visited? Nothing since last update
Read? Okay I just picked THE CREEPIEST little story to read, right around the midnight hour when I'm most prone to being creeped out. 40 pages of The Bloody Chamber. 136 pages total.
Challenged? I think I'm going to have to sit out the challenges. Too exhausted. Except maybe they'll distract me from the creepy story I just finished.
Random observations of the hour:
Why oh why did I pick a creepy story to read at this hour? It is late at night, which is the time when the true confessions always come out, so here's mine.

I have an irrational fear of the dark.

It is COMPLETELY irrational. And I get creeped out easily. I avoid scary movies, not so much because they scare me at the time (although they do), but because as I'm driving home from the theater, I'm driving home in the dark thinking about the movie, and all the creepy things in the darkness. And then I get home and it's dark, so I have to turn on every light in the house, but I'm totally convinced as soon as I flick the light switch on, the light is going to reveal something that shouldn't be there. And then I turn off the lights behind me, and then when I'm in bed, I'm thinking about what could be lurking around my bedroom.

If anything, this weird quirk of mine has gotten worse since childhood. Because it is normal to be afraid of the dark as a kid. It is a little weird when one is nearly twenty-five.

Late night creepy reading has that same effect, and now hubby has gone to bed and even my faithful puppy is in his kennel asleep. So now, faithful readers, the only thing standing between me and totally creeped-out-ness is your company. I'm off to do some cheerleading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha no worries Kim, I am afraid of the dark too :)

And the bloody chamber sounds really creepy. Just make sure to pick up something light and fun to read later.

Ana S. said...

Creepy is good for the read-a-thon. Keeps you up :P

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Did we lose you as a cheerleader?? I ask that with the biggest puppy dog eyes I can possibly make! :P

I'm scared of the dark too. And my feet have to be covered when I'm sleeping so the trolls don't eat my toes. And I cannot look in the mirror when it is dark (too much Bloody Mary games when I was little). Oh and bathroom breaks? Forget it!! (saw a horror movie cover once that scarred me for life.)

Vasilly said...

When you wake up, you have to tell me what story did you read? What do you think of Tigerheart so far?