Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Library Torture Part II

Part I of my torture was knowing that some long-awaited library books were at the library, but the library was closed.

Part II was getting to the library. Not one of my best plans ever, but I tried going to the library after work. The original idea was to save time, but I ended up getting stuck for an hour in the suck that is downtown traffic.

Then Google maps directed me horribly, horribly off course. There was a street on the directions that doesn't even exist. Why, google maps, why?

At last I arrived and got my books and at last I got home and at last I got to settle into reading bliss. That's me in the pic above, reading Fables: The Mean Seasons. I've already chowed down on Sandman: The Wake so far. And I have three more graphic novels still waiting.

Is there anything better after a long day of fighting traffic than chilling out to read some long-awaited books? I didn't think so.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really should use the Library. I tend to go and buy my books. While I was out today I picked up another graphic novel (I know I have a very sick habit that I need to curb) Y The Last Man. I'm currently reading Fables: Homelands and loving it. Thanks for making me laugh tonight!

Vasilly said...

Yay you got the books! I can't believe Goggle Maps gave you such bad directions. Fables is such a good series. Happy reading.

Ana S. said...

I don't think so either! And those books a re definitely worth the wait.

Andi said...

Wow, that is a horrendous experience. I hope Sandman and Fables are soothing your frayed nerves!

Oh said...

Isn't it so worth it to do battle in order to get to the library or bookstore? I am intrigued by the graphic novels. I've never read one - maybe should?

Alice said...

And I've just joined the national library over here! :D

Alyce said...

I'm glad you finally got your books!

Kim L said...

Oh-YES YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD. We must talk more about this one. Everyone should read graphic novels :-)

Eva said...

The only time google maps has ever directed me wrong was to the library!!! It directed me to one street that was gated off and another than had these big metal posts in the middle of it. And the cruel irony was, it was actually REALLY EASY to get to the library; I still don't know what google was thinking.