Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Love Your Local Library

Although I missed the "Take A Walk" mini-challenge due to (ironically enough) being outside on a walk, I want to brag a little bit about the beautiful weather. I live in Minnesota, which is known for two things:

1. Snow
2. Snow

It seems to snow here for about most of the year, and then it turns into summer, which is preferable, although the summers here are extremely muggy. When we Minnesotans are very, very lucky, there is occasionally a season called Spring when it gets sunny, about 70 degrees out, and there is just enough breeze to keep it from being hot. It doesn't happen every year. In fact, right around this time last year, I was complaining about a snowstorm. Today, we have Spring. It typically lasts for about a week, but I have high hopes for this year. Last year's winter lasted so long, I think that Nature owes Minnesotans a Spring.

Back to Read-a-Thon stuff. The Love Your Local Library mini-challenge is great, because I do love my local library.

1. What is the name of your local library? What city is it located in?
It is called R.H. Stafford Library, or as most people refer to it, the Woodbury branch. I live in Woodbury, MN

2. How often do you go to the library? If you're a regular, do the staff know you?
I am a regular, but I doubt the staff know me. It is a large branch, and they have self-check out machines, so my only interaction with the librarians is when I buy books from their little sale shelf or once when I had to call about a book I had returned but was still listed on my account.

3. Do you browse while you're there or just pick up items you have placed on reserve?
A little of both. I spend more time picking up items I've reserved, because I typically am hunting for a particular read, however I do enjoy browsing when I can.

4.What is your favorite thing about your local library?

My library is extremely nice, and it is located next to the Y, which is where I work out. I can kill two birds with one stone... working out and picking up books.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad you love your library - so many people do, I like getting people to talk about it. :) Thanks for sharing!

Lezlie said...

My parents live in Woodbury! That library is really, really nice!

Oh, and don't forget we're known for Road Construction, too. :-)

Lezlie

Hermie's Mom said...

I have just come across this post, as I have a hopelessly full Google Reader. But, I just had to say that I am a Minnesotan too. I used to work out by your library and stopped in a couple times. It is very nice. I most often go to the Shoreview Library, though I'm trying to stick to my TBR bookcase this year :-)